- BSc in Psychology & Neuroscience, 2008, University of Manchester, UK
- PgDip in Advanced Practice Psychological Interventions for Mental Health, University of Manchester, UK
- PhD in Psychology, 2012, University of Manchester, UK
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, 2015, King's College London, UK
- Understanding the mechanisms of mood instability and decision-making in bipolar disorder
- Improving psychological interventions through understanding their psychological and neurobiological mechanisms of action using fMRI and electrophysiology
Mason L, Peters E, Williams S, & Kumari V (2017) Brain connectivity changes occurring following cognitive behavioural therapy for psychosis predict long-term recovery. Translational Psychiatry 7(1).
Mason L, Peters E, Dima D, Williams S, & Kumari V (2016) Cognitive behavioral therapy normalizes functional connectivity for social threat in psychosis. Schizophrenia Bulletin 42(3).
Mason L, Trujillo-Barreto NJ, Bentall RP, El-Deredy W (2016) Attentional bias predicts increased reward salience and risk taking in bipolar disorder. Biological Psychiatry 79(4).Mason L, O'Sullivan N, Montaldi D, Bentall RP, El-Deredy W (2014) Decision-making and trait impulsivity in bipolar disorder are associated with reduced prefrontal regulation of striatal reward valuation. Brain.